Not many people are aware that the seeds of the lotus flower are edible, and very nutritious too! The seeds are harvested and dried before consumption and can be eaten cooked or raw. They have such a wide range of benefits that they’re even used in some traditional medicinal preparations!
The benefits of lotus seeds or makhana aren’t exclusive to adults – even little ones can have them. Little Moppet Food’s Phool Makhana /Lotus seeds Kheer Mix is a great way for kids to enjoy a delightful dessert, that is also hearty and nutritious! Packed with protein, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus, makhana is the perfect food for a little one who needs lots of energy and is growing fast!
Our Phool Makhana Kheer Mix uses Makhana or lotus seeds, making this a dish you can give your little one without any worry whatsoever. The spices used are also common, making this a dessert with a difference!
Little Moppet Foods’ Makhana / Lotus seeds Kheer Mix is:
- Free from all kinds of added preservatives, artificial flavors, colors, sugar or salt
- Prepared from high quality ingredients
- Easy to make and easily digestible
Ingredients: Phool Makhana (fox nuts), Saffron, Cardamom and Nutmeg.
How to Prepare:
- Add 2 teaspoon of Makhana/Lotus seeds Kheer Mix to 100ml of water and mix without lumps.
- Cook the mixture on a medium flame for 5 minutes, till the kheer thickens. Add more water if necessary.
- For toddlers, you may use milk instead of water.
- Serve lukewarm.
Age recommendation: Advisable for all ages above six months.
- Made in a facility that processes wheat and nuts.